domingo, 2 de maio de 2010

4th chapter

"Hi Kevin. How are you?"
"Hi, Mrs. MacDonald. I'm fine, thanks for asking and you?"
"I'm going through" - whispered
"Is something wrong? Is Jane here?"
"Kevin, can you come in?"
"Of course I can, but what's happening? It's Saturday, Jane doesn't have classes today, does she?"
"Come in. I need to talk with you"
...
"Kevin, before she knew about it, she intended to continue visiting you for her whole life. She loved you, did you know about it?"
"I love her too. But Mrs. MacDonald, why are you talking in the past? What happened? Did she move?"
"Well Kevin, yes, she moved"
"So there's no big deal, I can visit her, even if she's on the other side of the planet"
"She left you this"
"What's this?"
"Open it" - said Mrs. MacDonald
"Dear Kevin, I'm sorry to say this, I know you hate bad knews, and you know I hate to be me, telling you. But it has to.
Sooner, you'll never see me again, I'll never visit you anymore, I'll never talk with you personally...it'll be like I had never existed. But I need you to promisse me something, I need you to take care of yourself. I need you to smile when the light of the sun comes through your window, because that, will be me. I need you to remember all those good times we spent together, I need you to be yourself.
Please, please, I'm begging you, don't do anything reckless. You know I'll know of that and I'll punish you with a no sunny day.
I'd had like to be able to tell you this in your eyes, but I'm almost about to cry and this is just a simple letter...right here I think of you. You can visit me in your dreams, you know I'll always be there for you.
Always.
I love you more than everything in my life,
Kiss JANE"
Kevin was crying while he was reading that letter. He was a strong boy, but not strong enough.
"Is she..." - sobbed Kevin - "Did she...?"
"I'm sorry Kevin...she knew about the cancer too late,. She only had a few days and she asked the doctors if she could live those days at home, like she was fine. She didn't want to worry you"
"She dind't. She lied to me to make me happy. She lied to me beacuse she didn't want to be treated like a homeless" - said Kevin very slow
"She wanted you to live happy and not with a guilty conscience not to be able to help her as much as she helped you"
Kevin was stupefied. How could it be? Her best friend was...(he could not even say the word), he sat on his bed and looked through his window, entangled in his thoughs. Suddenly a ray of sun came through the window.
"Hi Jane..." - he smiled - "I'll always love you" - he said slowly.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Arquivo do blogue