domingo, 2 de maio de 2010

2nd chapter

"Kevin? Kevin are you in there?"
Jane came suddenly.
"Oh Kevin! I ws so scared, why didn't you answer my message?"
"Sorry, I lost my phone" - he lied.
"Well, don't make me buy you a new one. Hey...hm...I was thinking, do you want to join me tonight in my place for a game-night?"
"Well Jane, you know I have never been good at playing cards or games like that, I used to live for football"
"I know, but I really need to be with you these last days" - whispered Jane
"Last? Last days? What? What do you mean with 'last days'? " - stammered Kevin
"Oh it's, it's nothing" - lied Jane - "You know, the holidays...the holidays are ending and..."
"Oh that! Don't stress me, please, Jane, don't do it again. Never"
"I'm sorry. I'll never do it again." - promised Jane - "So, can I count on you?
"It has to...?"
"Yes...please!" - begged Jane
"Okay, I'm in. But, are you sure it is just because of the classes?"
"Great!" - shouted Jane - "And yes, yes I'm sure" - lied again.
Jane couldn't tell him. She hated to have to lie to him but she was definitely sure that telling him the truth would not make him better, but worse and worse, and she couldn't permit it.
She wants him to live happy these days; She wants him to feel glad these days.
The game-night was that evening and she prepared everything just like it has to be. A little low music, the games on top of the table, colorful pillows scattered about from everywhere, some snacks for those who weres starving and that's done. The perfect goodbye night.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Arquivo do blogue